22 February, 2007

Vista Ready!

Well, it's been a while since I updated. A lot of things have gone into the engine, and I'm continually tweaking some things. But some co-workers are starting to gain interest in not only what I'm doing, but Smalltalk as well. So, I decided to compile a To-Go version of what I have so far and bring it in for all to see...

I'm not too excited about Windows Vista, but boy did everything just work out of the box. Instead of "To-Go," it should be called "Just Works!" It ran wonderfully on Windows Vista, both 32- and 64-bit versions. So, there's one worry for the future alleviated. I think I owe that more to Microsoft and their obsessive desire for backwards compatibility, but it's nice to see that Dolphin integrates so well with the OS that entire new versions of the OS don't appear to negatively impact it.

Seeing the little asteroids game running at over 1200 FPS and watching people try it out and have a little fun (it's still a very incomplete demo) was good. In my spare time away from work and the engine I've been typing up a very comprehensive post that will be a very large summary of all my experiences with Smalltalk and Object-Oriented Programming [in Smalltalk]. It will be a kind of "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." Stay tuned.

No comments: